- Visit or use any of the websites owned or operated by TileDB (“Sites”),
- Visit or use any TileDB products or services that you can access or download (“Services”), or
- Otherwise interact with us.
Information TileDB Collects
There are two ways TileDB collects information from you. Firstly, we collect information that you manually provide to us, such as registration info. Secondly, we collect information automatically generated from your use of TileDB Sites and Services, such as how and when TileDB Sites and Services are used.
Information You Provide to Us
TileDB collects personal information that you give us when you are asked, or sometimes required, to fill out a form in order to:
- Sign up to use a TileDB Service,
- Give us feedback or ideas about any of the Services,
- Communicate with us via third party social media sites,
- Request customer support,
- Register for white papers, TileDB-hosted training, web seminars, and other events, or
- Otherwise communicate with TileDB via any interactive features of the Sites or the Services.
You will know which data you manually provide to us, because you will affirmatively enter and submit the data via forms on TileDB Sites and Services. Personal information TileDB may ask you to provide can include, for example, your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and other personal information. If you choose not to provide certain personal information, you understand that certain features of TileDB Sites or Services may be unavailable or work differently.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites or the Services
When you access or use TileDB Sites or Services, your device automatically generates and provides data to us. TileDB collects such data to help us to understand how you are using TileDB Sites and Services, so that TileDB may learn how to better provide those Sites and Services to you. Automatically collected usage data may include:
- Log data – including the type of device you use, unique device identifiers, access times, IP address, pages viewed. We use this information for analytics and product improvement purposes.
- Google Analytics is used to collect information about your use of the TileDB Sites and Services. This data helps TileDB understand how its Sites and Services are operating and to improve the Services. To learn more about Google’s use of data, please refer to Google’s policies, located at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Personal Information We Collect via Third Parties
How TileDB uses Personal Information
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests
- Provide, deliver, maintain, test and improve TileDB Sites and Services
- To develop new products and services
- To identify your account and bill you for the use of TileDB Services
- To detect, investigate, and prevent fraud or other illegal use of TileDB Sites and Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- To tailor and send you newsletters, emails and other content to promote TileDB products and Services
- To conduct marketing research
- Monitor, aggregate, and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites and Services
- Or where you have otherwise consented to TileDB’s use of your Personal Information.
TileDB does not share Personal Information, except as follows:
- With affiliated and unaffiliated service providers – TileDB may share your Personal Information with consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to perform work on behalf of TileDB. These service providers will have access to your Personal Information only as necessary to perform their work, and subject to confidentiality agreements.
- Compelled disclosures when authorized or required by law to comply with a valid legal process or when necessary to protect the personal safety, property or other rights of the public, TileDB, or its customers or employees
- Public profiles – In any public forums on the Sites, other visitors may be able to see certain Personal Information in your profile, such as your username and any content that you post.
- Change of corporate control – In connection with an acquisition, merger, reorganization, or any other change in control of all or part of the TileDB business.
- Finally, we may share Personal Information with your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through any of the Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner, and you choose to provide such information.
What rights do you have over your Personal Information?
TileDB offers you control over the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information.
Where you have consented to TileDB's processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting [email protected] with the subject “Withdraw Consent”. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the personal data that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Sites.
Opt out of certain communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional email and other communications from TileDB by following the unsubscribe instructions in those communications. We may need to still send you certain non-promotional communications regarding TileDB Services you are using and you may not be able to opt out of those communications.
Accept or reject browser cookies
If you would like to update your cookie settings you can do so by opting in or out of those via the TileDB Site or by setting your browser to remove or reject cookies. Note that if you choose to reject cookies, this could affect the functionality of the TileDB Sites and Services.
Amending or deleting your Personal Information
You can view, amend, or delete certain Personal Information via the TileDB Sites and Services, such as username, email, account info, etc., by accessing your password-protected TileDB account page.
International transfer of Personal Information
TileDB may transfer your personal data to countries other than the one in which you live. Specifically, if you are located outside the United States and provide your Personal Information to TileDB, we may transfer that data to the United States and process it there.
Personal Information collection from minors
TileDB Sites and Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age, and TileDB does not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected any personal data from children under 13 years old, we will promptly take steps to delete such information. Please contact us at [email protected] if you are aware that a child has submitted us such information.
TileDB Is committed to protecting your Personal Information and takes reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic measures to help protect your Personal Information from loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration. Although we make strong and good faith efforts, please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
Your TileDB account is password protected for your security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Links to other sites